Children Need the Opportunities to Learn and Skills to Succeed
We collectively have important work to do before the 2024 School Board election.
- Educate those you know with the facts and stories about what’s happening to students in Delaware schools.
- Get engaged. If you or someone you know wants to get involved, send us an email with your interest. Some ideas: Local eyes and ears in the community and within schools. Research projects. Voter’s Guide preparation.
- Read our position statements to better understand the key issues impacting students. Improving academic achievement, safety in schools, and parental involvement offer the best way forward in solving most of the challenges our kids and teachers experience.
Think About Running for School Board
Now’s the time to commit to running for school board. While March 1 is the filing deadline, candidates need the month of February to prepare for their campaigns.
Why serve? Our communities need educated young people to thrive in the future. The data clearly show that taxpayers are paying for an education that our children are not receiving. But you or someone you know can change that.
These roles are challenging yet immensely rewarding in helping kids get a better education.
These roles are challenging yet immensely rewarding in helping thousands of kids get a better education. Local school boards decide policies, evaluate the superintendent, and guide choices for student curriculum.
Successful candidates usually have these qualities:
- Make decisions based on shared community values and common sense.
- Already involved in the community or with a district school.
- Are educated on the issues school boards address.
- A passion for improving the children’s education.
- Committed to campaigning full-stop for at least 6 weeks prior to the election.
Key Dates for the 2024 School Board Elections
Filing Deadline for Candidates
C4DS Voter Guide Published
Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
Election Day for In-Person Voting; Absentee Ballots Must be In By
22 seats across the state are up for election in 2024.